“A Chosen Champion of Tzeentch is a sight to behold – warped by the blessings of the dark gods, these hulking behemoths have the power and size to match even the mightiest of mortal creatures. Their thick Chaos armor can ward off the most punishing of blows, while the fell weapons they wield can cleave the heaviest of defenses. However, these “blessings” come at a price.”
Special Mechanic: Curses
Class Details: Fighters specializing in group offence, the Chosen surround themselves with harmful auras. These curses damage or negatively impact any opponent that closes with the Chosen, who can have up to three curses active at any time.
Above all else, as a Chosen Champion, you will seek the esteem of Tzeentch. Yours is an arduous path, forever seeking out greater glory in the eyes of the Raven God by playing a crucial role in his terrible schemes and cruel manipulations. Encased in a blasphemous panoply of heavy armor, you will endeavor to place yourself on the front line of every battle, where you will bring to bear the power of your Dark Gifts against your foes. You will also often be called upon to protect the insignificant or the weak, not as an act of compassion, but rather in service to the inscrutable machinations of your treacherous god.
Do not be misled by appearances, for they are the first weapon of the Chosen. Covered from head to toe in unholy armor, wielding massive weapons capable of rending enemies limb from limb, the Chosens are hulking figures of dread and terror on the battlefield – but woe to the enemy who dismisses them as simple brutes! Tzeentchs Chosen are cunning warriors who can bring forth a whisper of the Ruinous Powers into this world, dooming their enemies to a fate that is, perhaps, worse than a simple death.
The Chosen have been blessed by Tzeentch with several dark gifts, powers of Chaos which they can grasp and pull into this world through their very bodies. These powers pour forth from within their massive armor, and spill out as profane auras. In addition to causing an immediate effect when they first burst out from the Chosens grasp, these lingering effects will continue to empower the player for several moments, allowing them to unleash melee attacks fueled by the unholy power of Tzeentch himself.
Path of Strife
The Path of Strife is focused on directly and brutally crushing your foes. A master of Strife will be likely to favor a Great weapon instead of a shield, greatly increasing their offensive power at the cost of sacrificing the protections that a shield would otherwise offer. They will be easily capable of picking up a shield when the situation calls for it…but they wont be happy about it.
Path of Retaliation
The Path of Retaliation is a cunning Mastery for those who prefer to outlast their enemies, letting their foes beat in futility on a massive shield until they’re exhausted, and then crushing them with deliberate and vicious attacks. A specialist in Retaliation will be the person who defines where the lines of battle will be drawn, since they -are- the front lines.
Path of Discord
The Path of Discord is one that delves more deeply into Tzeentchs gifts, and masters of Discord more fully understand how to manipulate the Chaos forces that swirl within them. They can unleash blasts of magical power, or twist the magical energies to unnaturally enhance their melee attacks. Their understanding of the nature of magic is still relatively shallow, however, and they can not hope to approach the skill or power of a true magus, but even their brief flashes of otherworldly energy are enough to empower them as potent melee combatants.
As a Chosen you will need the following statistics which you can improve using armor sets, weapons, rings, talismans and renown points
Block: Increases your chance to defend against all attacks with a shield.
Wounds: Increases your overall HP. You can never have enough HP.
Toughness: Reduces damage dealt to you by opponents.
Parry: Increases your chance to defend against melee attacks.
There are many ways to get gear:
- Open RvR: The gear and weapons you get here are for your main spec.
- During RvR: when you kill or lock a zone you will be given medallions according to your level which you can trade for armor and weapons. At the end of a zone if you roll high enough you will be give a color bag with may contain certain tokens that you can trade and get a jewel set. Engineers don’t have defensive jewels set like other classes.
- Scenarios: The gear and weapons you get here are some of the best weapons in game. You gain emblems at the end of every scenario and then you trade the emblems in the vendors in altdorf or inevitable city for your gear and weapons.
- Tome Unlocks: The tome is the book on your menu bar. In there you can do some like achievements i.e kill 100 orcs and get an unlock or get 3 items from a creature and then you trade that for a token in the library in altdorf or inevitable city and then that token in a jewel. There are some nice sets to see. Have a look in the useful links section.
- Tier 4 epic quests: There is one epic quest story line in every area, and once you complete them you are given a choice of 1 item.
- Dungeons & Lairs: Some Dungeons and Lairs can provide some good gear, weapons and jewels as you level up and or for end game. Changes in locations and ways to get end tier gear are happening constantly. Try and keep and eye on game forums.
Changes in ROR
- Destined for Victory tactic given a 10s internal cool down (up from 3s).
- Removed the -10% damage debuff effect from the tactic Crippling Strikes and replaced it with Wasteland Ruse, a curse which (on critical hit) increases the recipients chance to be critically hit by 10%
- Hastened Dismissal tactic now grants the cool down reduction of Repel only if you are wielding a Great Weapon.
- Discordant Fluctuation will now only proc on damage received, not defended.
- Tactic Oppressing Blows now additionally causes the melee channel ability Relentless to deal Spiritual damage.
Changes in ROR are happening constantly and its hard to keep up with them all. Stay updated by following the news and patch notes: