“Their endless love of battle drives Choppas into a nearly euphoric state, especially when they come across an enemy who presents a real challenge and their battle rage becomes stronger and stronger with each vicious strike. Most Choppas will even heedlessly push themselves off-balance, not caring about how vulnerable they become as long as they get a “Gud fight” out of it.”
Archetype: Melee DPS
Special Mechanic: Battle Frenzy
The Choppa is an offensive juggernaut that rains increasingly punishing blows down upon their enemies as their battle frenzy consumes them more and more. However, while the Choppa is single-minded, theyre also clever in their brutality, and they have found that they can channel their battle rage into massive, exhausting attacks, briefly sacrificing their enraged power in an attempt to fell the enemy with a single powerful blow. For those who choose the life of a Choppa, the limited control of when to embrace their battle frenzy and when to exhaust it will be a constant back-and-forth as their battles rage on..
The Choppa is an offensive juggernaut that rains increasingly punishing blows down upon their enemies as their battle frenzy consumes them more and more. However, while the Choppa is single-minded, theyre also clever in their brutality, and they have found that they can channel their battle rage into massive, exhausting attacks, briefly sacrificing their enraged power in an attempt to fell the enemy with a single powerful blow. For those who choose the life of a Choppa, the limited control of when to embrace their battle frenzy and when to exhaust it will be a constant back-and-forth as their battles rage on.
Path of Da Savage
This path is focused on completely embracing the Choppas self-indulgent bloodlust, growing increasingly powerful as the fight goes on. Those who specialize in this Mastery will be able to deliver an endless string of brutal blows against their enemy, and are especially effective if the victim is distracted since the price for the Choppas fully-consuming rage is that they are more vulnerable to counter-attacks.
Path Of Da Hitta
This Mastery is focused on constantly exhausting the Choppas frenzy into powerful blows, brutally punishing their enemy. A specialist in this path is a surprisingly sturdy warrior, since they almost never let their rage build to the point that they become more vulnerable.
Path Of Da Wrecka
The Path of Da Wrecka teaches the Choppa to fight several enemies at once – after all, if choppin one person is grand fun, then choppin lots of people can only be better! A Choppa who masters this path has an instinctive grasp of the flow of battle, allowing their frenzy to fill them with power, but also being sure to release powerful exhausting attacks before they become overexerted.
As a Choppa you will need the following statistics which you can improve using armor sets, weapons, rings, talismans and renown points.
Strength Skill: Increases your melee damage and reduces your opponent’s chance to block or parry.
Weapons Skill: Increases your armor penetration and parry.
Critical Chance: Increases your chance to deal critical damage ( not the amount).
Wounds: Increases your overall HP. You can never have enough HP.
There are many ways to get gear:
- Open RvR: The gear and weapons you get here are for your main spec.
- During RvR: when you kill or lock a zone you will be given medallions according to your level which you can trade for armor and weapons. At the end of a zone if you roll high enough you will be give a color bag with may contain certain tokens that you can trade and get a jewel set. Engineers don’t have defensive jewels set like other classes.
- Scenarios: The gear and weapons you get here are some of the best weapons in game. You gain emblems at the end of every scenario and then you trade the emblems in the vendors in altdorf or inevitable city for your gear and weapons.
- Tome Unlocks: The tome is the book on your menu bar. In there you can do some like achievements i.e kill 100 orcs and get an unlock or get 3 items from a creature and then you trade that for a token in the library in altdorf or inevitable city and then that token in a jewel. There are some nice sets to see. Have a look in the useful links section.
- Tier 4 epic quests: There is one epic quest story line in every area, and once you complete them you are given a choice of 1 item.
- Dungeons & Lairs: Some Dungeons and Lairs can provide some good gear, weapons and jewels as you level up and or for end game. Changes in locations and ways to get end tier gear are happening constantly. Try and keep and eye on game forums.
Changes in ROR
- Bloodlust has a 50% chance to proc.
- Go For Da Soft Spot is now in Path of Da Hitta.
- Rage will affect Hurtin’ Time.
- Close Combat is a new archetype tactic for all melee DPS classes. This tactic provides a 25% damage reduction against ranged and magical damage for 2s after using a direct damage, single target, melee ability on an enemy. This reduction does not stack with localized damage reductions such as Detaunt or Guard
- Bring it On is now a 5s channel, 30s cooldown which inflicts damage to all targets 25 feet in front of you every second. Damage on each strike after the first is increased by 15% for each enemy that hit you during the previous second, up to 60% maximum.
- Reckless Blow damage increased. Reckless Blow is now in the Path of Da Savage and increases your chance to be critically hit by 1% (down from 5) and stacks up to 5 times.
- No More Helpin’ cooldown reduced from 30s to 10s.
- Get to da Choppa radius changed from 30ft to 50ft and gives pull immunity to the Choppa for 4s. It will also increase movement speed by 30 for the duration.
- The cooldown of Weaklin’ Killa has been reduced to 15s from 30.
- Removed the negative effect from the Strong Finish tactic.
- Chop Fasta cooldown reduced to 60s and the duration of the buff is reduced to 10s. Cost reduced to 25 AP. Abilities unaffected by this buff are: Rending Blade, Da Waaagh! Is Coming, and Shades of Death. Infernal Wave is affected but will not be reduced to less than 5s if using the tactic Neverending Agony.
- Tantrum, one of the morale 2 abilities, will dissipate after 30s.
Changes in ROR are happening constantly and its hard to keep up with them all. Stay updated by following the news and patch notes: